Greek rock duo A Victim Of Society recently released their debut full album ‘Distractions’ via Inner Ear Records.
To celebrate debut album release, the band shares the video for ‘Enough Said’. Directed by Stathis Mourdoukoutas, the video follows a man trapped in a nightmare as he is forced to confront his nemesis.
From the same increasingly fertile DIY scene of Athens (Exarcheia) that spawned Acid Baby Jesus/ Baby Guru/ The Callas, A Victim of Society create the perfect soundtrack for a nightmarish post-urban landscape.The band – formed by Vagelis Makris (vocals, guitars) and Fotis Ntouskas (bass, guitar) – combines uncannily alluring melodies with raspy vocals buried beneath noise and distortion-drenched filters. His music is a plaintive, lo-fi mixture of nostalgia wrapped up in deeply ingrained noir sensibilities. Their first demo track “You’re Gonna Hate Me” was included in the compilation “Reverb Conspiracy vol.1” released from Fuzz Club Records in collaboration with Austin Psych Festival. During 2013 they opened the gigs of bands such as The Black Angels, Moon Duo, Dirty Beaches and Disappears. Their debut LP ‘Distractions’ recorded at Sonic Playground Studios by Nikos Triantafyllou and mastered by Jamal Ruhe at West West Side Music Studio in New York.
”The band name inspired by the painting: George Grosz – A Victim of Society”
A Victim Of Society
Inner Ear Records (US/EU)
Street Date: April 28 2014
02.ENOUGH SAID (Soundcloud)
07.SWEET GIRL (Soundcloud)
- The Cave Children release debut album 'Quasiland' on Inner Ear Records; stream now
- Egg Hell release video for 'Suffering' from debut album on Inner Ear Records
- Greek three piece band FILM to release new album 'Eclipse' in Sept. on Inner Ear Records; stream single
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Indirections release new single from 'Clockworks' out Feb. 25 on Invogue Records
- A World Defined release new video 'Brothers'