Play It Again Sam’s acclaimed singer-pianist Agnes Obel has announced her biggest European tour to date. The Berlin-based Dane will tour Germany, France, Netherlands, and Belgium this October, appearing at prestigious, historic venues including The Olympia in Paris, Royal Theatre Carré in Amsterdam, and Munich Philharmonie. Details below.
Sun 5th Paris FR, Olympia
Mon 6th Amiens FR, Le Cirque
Weds 8th Amsterdam NL, Carré
Thurs 9th Liege BE, Forum
Fri 10th Munich DE, Philharmonie
Sun 12th Berlin DE, Admiralspalast
Weds 15th Hamburg DE, CCH
Mon 20th Tours FR, Le Vinci
Tickets go on sale this Friday 16th May.
Agnes Obel recently appeared on the opening show of the new series of BBC2’s Later….With Jools Holland, watch her performance of her last single Aventine here
Obel’s critically acclaimed new album Aventine – containing the singles The Curse, Dorian, Aventine and new single Words Are Dead – is out now on Play It Again Sam. Aventine is the follow-up to the 2010 debut Philharmonics, which sold almost half a million copies across Europe. The new album is repeating its success, having sold over 150K in France, reaching Platinum status, with another Platinum sales award in her native Denmark, and Gold in Belgium.
This summer Obel will be playing festivals across Europe, including her first UK Festival Latitude in Suffolk on 19th July. Obel will headline her biggest London show yet at Somerset House on 12th July as part of the Summer Series concerts. Tickets available from http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/summerseries / http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk.amex
- Agnes Obel releases new single/video for 'Aventine' on Play It Again Sam Mar.31
- Agnes Obel streams 'Aventine' deluxe edition and announces Oct. Dates
- Agnes Obel announces 'Aventine' deluxe edition, David Lynch remix and Oct tour dates
- Agnes Obel New Album Out 10/1 on Play It Again Sam; Video Teaser
- Agnes Obel Reveals Mysterious Video, LP Out 10/1 on Play It Again Sam
- 10 Years announces 'Triggers & Tripwires' tour and select dates with Breaking Benjamin / Seether