Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, and I’m pretty sure nothing else mattered to anyone, anywhere for that entire year. At least, it didn’t seem like it. Here are a few releases that DID matter though.
Tumblr recommended Ms. Weiss to me a year or two ago, and now that I own her entire discography, I’m glad I listened. She’s a power-pop genius who doesn’t write a lick of filler, so you know you’ll be tapping and singing along to some quality tracks. Now that she’s signed to No Sleep Records some doors should open for her.
If you’re going to release a final album as a band, why not make it your best? That’s what Sherwood did. The opening a cappella track, to the piano ballad “No Better,” to the upbeat nature of the rest of the album make for a magical listen. Does that sound cheesy and stupid? Yes. Is it a perfect album though? Damn right.
If I’ve ever made a mix CD for you, there’s a 100% chance it had “All For You” on it. This band is one of my childhood favorites, and while they were one-hit wonders, they still write some consistently amazing songs today. This album will stand the test of time in my library just as their previous albums did.
- Shayna Leigh announce tour with Sister Hazel; new EP out now
- Albums you may have missed, day 1
- Albums you may have missed, day 2
- Albums you may have missed, day 3
- Albums you may have missed, day 4
- Allison Weiss Launches New "Tour Shop" In Advance of U.S. Tour with Max Bemis and European Dates with Matt Pryor