It’s hard to keep up with everything Lily Elise has been doing over the last year. The vivacious, young pop singer and San Francisco native releases her latest single, “Taken” from her EP of the same name.
“Taken” officially premieres today via Billboard.
Elises’s EP consists of collaborations with Felix Snow (Sza, Gallant, Nicole Sherzinger), Dan Nigro (Sky Ferreira, Aluna George, Twin Shadow), Mighty Mike (Dojo, Sirah, Kelly Clarkson), Erik Belz & Danny Score (Jez Dior) and more. It’s first single, “Generator,” which All Things Go declared “a stunning combination of pop and R&B that few can pull off” was released in November and hit #1 on the Twitter hype chart. “Suitcases” and “Generator” each hold an important place as an expressive chapter in Elise’s larger coming-of-age tale.
“The songs on this EP are a culmination of two years of hard work,” shares Elise. They tell a story of struggling to find myself in the midst of an unknown career path and a destructive relationship, from beginning to end. They are my babies and while I’m terrified to push them out of the nest, I’m also extremely proud and excited to watch them fly.”
Over the past two years, Elise has been writing, recording and collaborating with other musicians as she prepares for the release of Taken. She was featured on the duet “Cover Up” with LA based duo Frenship. She also lent her vocals to Dillon Francis’ “Hurricane,” a feature track off his new EP, which is currently available for streaming. Most recently, Elise collaborated with Twin Shadow, also known as George Lewis Jr., on “Alone,” a track from his forthcoming new album.
- Alt/R&B singer Lily Elise shares new single 'Suitcases' from new EP 'Taken'
- Alt R&B singer Lily Elise releases new music video for 'Suitcases'
- Alternative R&B singer Lily Elise to release debut EP; featured in Felix Cartal 'Let It Go'
- John Feldmann and Red Bull Music Publishing score Billboard #1 with 5 Seconds Of Summer debut
- Such Gold premiere new song 'Nauseating'
- Swedish duo Death Team release 'Fucking Bitches In The Hood' single