For fans of Lower Than Atlantis and Arcane Roots, we would like to introduce alternative rock quartet KILL THE IDEAL who will release their anthemic new EP ‘Heritage’ on the 30th March. The bands new single, also titled ‘Heritage’ was unveiled via Kerrang‘s website this week to promote their forthcoming EP release.
In 2014 the bands catchy and incendiary rock songs caught the eye of BBC Introducing in East Midlands. They went on to play shows with the likes of Lost Alone, Lonely The Brave and Hawthorne Heights, as well as heading in the studio to record their new EP with producer Lee Batiuk (Deaf Havana).
Their passion and drive to play music is inspiring as they describe their recent experience on the road. “When on tour we spent a full two weeks crammed in a VW transporter van alongside all of our backline and equipment. We had to sleep on top of our amps and drum kit and wash in the sea in the mornings”, explains drummer Jordan Bell. “We have been functioning as a devoted unit for around about a year. Working nine to five jobs is not in our DNA, music is what comes naturally to us and it is what we do best in our day to day lives“.
Influenced by British rock bands who infuse heavy riffs with melodic choruses, the energetic quartet are now ready to show the UK what they are made of. With huge choruses, catchy melodies and riffs to match, the band will release their debut EP ‘Heritage’ in 2015.
KILL THE IDEAL’s ‘Heritage’ EP is released on 30th March 2015.
31/03 – The Engine Shed, Lincoln w/ Allusondrugs
04/04 – Meze Lounge, Newport
05/04 – The Station House, Annan
07/04 – The Owl Sanctuary, Norwich
09/04 – The North, Rhyll
10/04 – The Frog and Nightgown, Workshop
11/04 – Percy’s Coffee & Curios, Whitchurch
‘Heritage’ (EP) track-listing:
3. The Fire
4. My Friend
- Arcane Roots announce new single 'Over & Over', London Garage show and new tour dates
- London's Soccer Six Charity Event ft The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Kids in Glass Houses and more
- L.A.-based alt-rock group Charming Liars announce US tour dates to support brand new single 'Burn'
- Filligar announce release of 'Keepsakes of the Interior' May 19 on Decade Records
- Alt-rock trio The Fourth Horseman release 'Miracles' lyric video
- The Bad Chapter to release debut album this Spring on InVogue Records; stream title track