Alternative rock and self proclaimed “Soft Grunge” artist Samantha Scarlette releases single “Fallen Star” to fans for free via her web site. “I wanted to give my fans and anyone who’ s interested something for free,” says Scarlette.
A few day after releasing a new music video for the song “Fallen Star“, Scarlette offered the song for free MP3 download via her official website, as an alternative to purchasing it on iTunes or streaming it on Spotify. Scarlette has stated on twitter that she will also give out a free download of her previous single “Iron Maiden“, as soon as the music video for “Fallen Star” reaches 10,000 views on youtube (The lyric video for “Iron Maiden” has over 17,000 views to date). “Iron Maiden” was released as a stand alone single, in October of 2013, to tide fans over before her next release.
“Fallen Star” was originally released in 2011, on Scarlette’s debut EP “Into The Darkness EP & Demos“. Scarlette always said the track was her favorite song on the EP, and “wanted to record & release a music video for it before it was too late.”
Scarlette is currently writing music for a full length follow up to “Into The Darkness“. She will be entering the studio in late Spring, and plans to release a single somtime this Summer, followed by an album. Scarlette will be going for a harder and darker vibe on her next release.
“Iron Maiden” LYRIC VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkeY50RBIxo
“Fallen Star” MUSIC VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRNygZ6bJw
- Samantha Scarlette releases new single produced by Hiili Hiilesmaa (HIM, 69 Eyes)
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Indirections release new single from 'Clockworks' out Feb. 25 on Invogue Records
- Frank Turner to release 'Polaroid Picture' EP Feb. 4 on Xtra Mile/Interscope Records
- 19 Year old Matthew Fowler to release debut album 'Beginning' Mar.25; stream track now
- Atmospheric electronic rock artist Kai Altair releases new video 'The Calling'