Sofia Donavan has released her new EP Left To The Clouds today. Produced and mixed by Jason Elgin (Collective Soul, Act Of Congress), Left To The Clouds is a heart-felt collection of masterfully crafted modern Americana music that is infused with both raw emotion and intense vulnerability. The 5 tracks on the EP are a culmination of life, love, and hope, fueled by powerful lyrics and infectious melodies. The honest nature of songs like “If It Wasn’t For Love”, “Note To Tennessee”, “Rare As Gold” and the album’s title track captures the essence of the process and adventure of life, taking the listener on a journey where the music exists in it’s purist form.
photo credit Nina Sweeney
Growing up in a relatively musical family, Donavan was encouraged by her parents to follow her muse in all forms of creative expression. “Most of my childhood memories play out in my mind to a backing track of Beatles’ songs” states Donavan. Donavan is half Spanish and half American but, spent the majority of her childhood living in London. At around eight years old she started taking singing lessons and at age 13 took up the guitar and piano. She realized that music was not a hobby but actually a necessity once she started writing songs influenced greatly by artists like Taylor Swift, The Civil Wars, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell.
“Left To The Clouds” track listing:
- If It Wasn’t For Love
- Note To Tennessee
- Left To The Clouds
- Rare As Gold
- Let Go
For more information, check out Sofia Donavan’s web properties:
- DC indie-rock band The North Country to release new album 'There Is Nothing To Fear' on Apr.20
- Spotlight: Escaping Pavement: Americana/Rock from Detroit
- Portland based Hook & Anchor release Americana debut on Jealous Butcher / Woodphone Records
- Nashville based Shantell Ogden nominated for Best Americana Artist and Best Album Awards
- Los Angeles-based Americana/rock trio Will and the Won'ts premieres new single 'Wake Up Clean'
- Josh Money releases multi-genre collaboration 'Odderhead'