While mainstream and social media wonder when 2013 Best New Artist Grammy winner fun. will record its next album, the hit indie-pop group’s multi-instrumentalist, Andrew Dost, has surfaced as remixer of a new song by alternative pop singer-songwriter MICHAEL BERMUDEZ.
Dost has remixed “Never Let Me Go,” the new single from Bermudez’ forthcoming release, Love & Let Downs, an album that weaves together complex string and horn arrangements, thoughtful lyrics and endless hooks. Love & Let Downs was produced by fellow Detroiters Al Sutton (Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Sheryl Crow), frequent Eminem collaborator Luis Resto (Eminem/Don Was) and James Jamerson, Jr., son of the late, great Motown bass player. Bermudez has been releasing singles from Love & Let Downs since the summer. Other material from the new album has been featured on the current season opener of MTV’s The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II and the CBS Sports series NCAA® Men of March.
“I had a great time finding a new approach to this song,” said Dost. “Michael is a such a solid songwriter that it became mostly about stripping things away and letting elements shine that were already there.”
Bermudez has gotten quite popular throughout Detroit as an exciting guitarist and writer of well crafted songs with a smart, soulful sound. He marvels at Dost’s ability to implement lush orchestrations with a sweeping, cinematic quality on the “Never Let Me Go” remix, “yet somehow,” he says, “Andrew makes it fresh and current as ever.”
Michael Bermudez on the web:
- LA alt/pop group Starling Glow release powerful video for new single 'Caution Tape'
- Alt-rock trio The Fourth Horseman release 'Miracles' lyric video
- Spotlight: Alternative Singer/Songwriter duo Moonshine Heather
- Alternative Indie Band from Vancouver: The Written Years
- Interview with alternative/rock band LULLWATER
- The 1975 release special deluxe edition; to perform May 7 on Late Night with Seth Myers