Country newcomer April Kry has had a fantastic summer, seeing the debut of her first single “Beauty Queen” and having the dramatic video debut on Billboard.com. As we move into autumn, April is continuing to build on the momentum with a feature in Country Weekly, while the “Beauty Queen” video can now be found on CMT.com.
Written by Jennifer Pappas, JP Rende and Kathryn Raio, “Beauty Queen” is the story of a Southern girl who wants to break free of the past and a life that she sees as a dead end road, or, as April tells Country Weekly, “she’s stuck and doesn’t see a way out.”
April started singing in church, where her father was a worship leader, when she was barely 5 years old. At the age of 13, she sang “God Bless America” at a gala event where the Keynote speaker was the legendary Jermaine Jackson, and she knew from that point she was destined to be a professional singer. Eventually, April learned to play guitar and discovered that she enjoyed writing songs as well as performing them. “My inspirations when it comes to songwriting are things that happen in everyday life. I like to write about struggles or heartache that people go through in life because I believe that it’s something that we can all relate to.” Now based in Nashville, “Beauty Queen” is one of several songs April is preparing for an upcoming EP release.
“Beauty Queen” on CMT.com
- Newcomer April Kry debuts new video 'Beauty Queen'; single out now
- CMT to Premiere Lee Ann Womack Video Sept 10; New Album out Sept 23
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- All-female post hardcore band Conquer Divide release 'At War' lyric video