Photo Credit: Amanda Leilani Thompson
What do you get when you send a rapping Bjork and Mother Nature on a spiritual journey through space, time, another dimension? Bunny Michael. Named the original “art rapper” by Sasha Frere Jones in The New Yorker, Bunny Michael provides the soundtrack to your personal creative evolution.
Bunny’s oozing of inspiration is clear. Her debut video for “Gasolina”, which premiered on Bullett Magazine, was birthed from a collective of artists with a goal of empowering women. Directed and animated by Meriem Bennani, produced by VICE duo Purple Milk, and styled by “Other Travel” collaborator (along with Bennani) Hayden Dunham, Bunny says of the experience, “Making this video was an out of body experience. My friends and I traveled to another realm, danced, laughed and sweat there. Meriem was our guide.“ Fans can receive the mp3 of “Gasolina” for free on Bunny’s Facebook page.
Formerly known as Bunny Rabbit, Bunny Michael has spent the past 4 years dedicating herself to the pedagogy of self realization through soundscapes and visualization, becoming an expanding vessel to Universal Creative Consciousness. The result is her first self produced EP, Rainbow Licker, a 4 song initiation that not only moves you in the physical realm but transports to dimensions beyond. Rainbow Licker joins our physical world on March 25th, on Separate Reality Records.
- Riot Grrl rapper Bunny Michael announces debut video 'Holy Holy' and EP Release Party
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Darling Down releases Quentin Tarantino style music video "Never Tell"