Atlanta, GA’s Microwave has been gaining traction with a series of tour cycles to celebrate their 2014 debut LP Stovall as well as their 12″ split with Buffalo, NY’s Head North. To help continue this exciting momentum, Near Mint has reissued Stovall on cassette. The tapes will be available at the label’s webstore as well as on the band’s tour with Have Mercy, Transit and Somos.
Photo by De soto photo
/34 Black w/ White Ink
/37 Hot Pink w/ White Ink
/43 Light Blue w/ Purple Ink
/46 Yellow Tint w/ White Ink
The reissue is currently up on Near Mint’s store here. A full list of remaining tour dates can be accessed by clicking the tour poster below.
Blending elements of hardcore, emo, and indie rock in a melodic cocktail unmatched by scene contemporaries, Atlanta four-piece Microwave balances frankness with a penchant for wit, allowing personal confessions to make a striking impact. Owning the best of the punk continuum, lead vocalist Nathan Hardy will sing, scream and yelp amidst snarling guitar work. While often tipping into the heavier side of resonant punk, the band shines brightest in soft reservation.
Their debut record Stovall is simultaneously dynamic and emotionally powerful while still maintaining a poetic edge. Its somber but optimistic mood is flawlessly encapsulated by the lyrics, “you should have known this day would come/I guess if you’re gonna be stupid, then you gotta be tough.”
- Antique Records releases their Spring 2015 Label Sampler
- Microwave pre-order details for 'Stovall' on vinyl
- Diarrhea Planet release new video and EP reissues
- Plow United announce debut re-issue and new 7" on It's Alive Records
- Coliseum rejoins DeathWish roster; deluxe reissue double LP/CD out Aug.19
- Green Day to release demo collection 'Demolicious' on Apr.19 on cd, vinyl and cassette