Aussie folk pop singer/songwriter Meg Sampson is stoked to be doing what she does. Originally from a small country town, Nhill in Western Victoria, Meg performed at everything possible from a very young age. To the point that she’s sure the locals were well and truly ready for her to leave so they got some rest. Following the completion of high school Meg relocated to Melbourne to study Music at University.
Meg is extremely excited about taking the big step of releasing her first single, Slayer With Class. Written in a tongue in cheek, humorous style it is a favourite to perform so Meg is stoked to release it as her first single. Having had enough of the culture and temporary, non-committal nature of romance at that point in her life, Meg wrote a fun song, shedding some light on the situation. With a driving acoustic guitar, upbeat tempo and catchy melody it’s nothing to be ashamed of to be caught singing this hours after the gig. Many times this song has been dedicated to various friends of Meg’s attending the gig who think of themselves as a Slayer With Class with a way with women.
Slayer With Class was recorded at Soundpark in Northcote by Richard Bowers with the use of some incredible equipment. Enjoy Meg Sampson’s debut single Slayer With Class and please be careful with who receives red love hearts next to their name.
For Fans Of: Missy Higgins, Passenger, Vance Joy, Courtney Barnett
“Slayer With Class” by MEG SAMPSON will be released 12th June 2015
- Brisbane's Steve Grady releases new single 'Go Away & Miss Me' and EP release details
- Spotlight: Escaping Pavement: Americana/Rock from Detroit
- Rosco Bandana to Headline The Communion Music Tour in December
- Funeral Sounds announces comeback releases Heccra, Alomar, and weak.
- Spotlight: Folk / Pop singer-songwriter Leslie DiNicola
- Miss May I streams first single 'I.H.E.' from upcoming album 'Deathless'; pre-order now