Lisa Mitchell is pleased to announce a new track The Boys through Play It Again Sam.
Latterly studio bound working on a new album with Eric J Dubowsky (Chet Faker, Flume) at the controls, The Boys is the first fruits of these sessions and follows last year’s single Wah Ha. The track accompanied a sojourn in the UK seeing Mitchell undertaking various live dates including Bushstock, guesting with Bears Den and a run of solo shows taking in some of the less frequented towns and cities of Co.Durham and Cornwall earlier this year.
Inspired by a classic Australian summers day, The Boys details a day Mitchell drove around Sydney in a car of male friends, mourning the passing of a mates’ dad. Over a bed of skittering percussion and a loping amble, The Boys is a literal account of the collective bonhomie in a coded situation.
More akin to a short story than a music video, the accompanying visuals for The Boys were shot on location in Lisa’s home town of Albury in rural NSW, by award winning Melbourne based director Luci Schroder (Vance Joy, Alpine).
“Albury was such a beautiful back-drop to begin the story of my new album. It is a nod to my childhood, something I drew from a lot during the writing of this album,” says Lisa.
The Boys was produced, recorded and mixed by Eric J and mastered by Brian Lucy (Magic Garden Mastering). Eric J also contributes keys, synths and programming, with Tim Harvey on guitar, Rob Calder on bass and Matt Jonson on drums.
To coincide with the release of The Boys, Lisa will be performing in her native Australia with her new band on a short run of dates with Grouplove.
- Lazy Rich and Hot Mouth collaborate on new single 'Flash' mau5trap/Astralwerks
- Madhatter! & Mr. Kristopher Team Up on "SIX"
- Indie pop songstress Bernadine releases stunning 'I Don't Mind' video from debut album
- Liz Green announce teaser video for upcoming album 'Haul Away' on Play It Again Sam
- The Jezabels release behind the scenes video for new album 'The Brink'
- Heavy Glow release "Look What You're Doing To Me" video feat. Mayra Leal from 'Machete'