The last 12 months have seen Perth’s Tired Lion begin to stand out as one of Western Australia’s most exciting new bands – including showcasing at Singapore’s prestigious Music Matters Live, wowing crowds at the 2014 WAMI Awards, touring nationally for their debut EP All We Didn’t Know, supporting the likes of Gyroscope, The 1975, Kingswood, Luca Brasi, and Velociraptor, and being nominated for ‘the most popular live act’ at the 2014 WAM Awards.
Recorded with Dave Parkin (Emperors, Snowman, Karnivool) in their home town of Perth, the first single of their upcoming second EP is “I Don’t Think You Like Me” is a fresh take on 90’s nostalgia that will ring both true and loudly to the ears.
“We’re all about the raw honesty in the music we make. If you sit back and take in the energy of what we are playing and what it’s all about, it’s a direct view into the looking glass that is collectively our lives – be it happy, sad or confusing. We’re passionate about bringing to people a fresh take on what is a nostalgic sound, keeping the guitars loud and trying to evoke some kind of feeling for the listener with dynamics and melody.”
Fronted by the enigmatic Sophie Hopes, Tired Lion’s infections melodies are brought forth with raw honesty and intensity, calling back to the rich tradition of strong Australian front women. Acting as the perfect ying to her yang, Sophie is backed Matt Tanner, Ethan Darnell and Nick Vasey who play with passion, precision and a ‘take no prisoners’ approach, making Tired Lion a powerful act worth keeping your eyes (and ears) on.
- Perth's Max And The Electric release debut single “City Lover” from their upcoming EP
- Perth-based rock band Tenderhooks announce new single ' I Weakened at the Weekend'
- Australian rock band The High Learys share brand new single 'Letters To Alice'
- Perth Based singer/songwriter Bernardine shares new single 'Day By Day' and W. Australian dates
- Australia's Max And The Electric release "City Lover" video
- Sydney's Burn Antares announces new single and video for 'Crystal Love'