Australian indie rock band, Calais, just dropped their first single “Time & Space.” This five piece outfit comprised of Tim Lollback (Vocals, Rhythm -Guitar), Joseph Fleming (Lead Guitar), Guy Stacey (Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Synth), Liam Roberts (Bass Guitar), and Will Mogg (Drums); provide a hard hitting fusion of alternative rock that demonstrates a unique dynamic. With influences that range from Coldplay to The Neighbourhood, they’ve developed their own melodically driven sound built upon pounding drums and deep-driven bass
Calais’ first single “Time & Space” is a glistening skyscraper of sound with a melody that soars. Trilling electric guitar and slamming drums provide a beat that moves you instantaneously, despite the undercurrent of the breakup theme, the instrumentation shimmers and arches in an all-encompassing groove that’s impossible to resist. Lollback croons atop the mid-tempo soundscapes and fuzzy electronic touches, providing a visceral emotional impact that is both serene and adamant. Their performance based music video continues to keep the focus on the almost weightless feel of the music, capturing the band in a blur of white and movement, yet remaining firmly cemented in the music itself. For a fairly young band, they’ve developed a distinct atmospheric sound that’s submerged in a bubbling bit of exotic percussion and excitement.
Calais’ debut EP “Silhouette” is set to drop in April.
More on Calais https://www.facebook.com/calaismusic
- Arty releases an ethereal new single, "Night Like This" for Free Download
- Pond releases 'Sitting Up On Our Crane' music video from new album out Jan.27
- Shiragirl says thanks to all of her fans with free song and Daisy Rock guitar giveaway
- Hand Sand Hands release 'The Shipping Forecast' EP Jul.1 on Autumn + Colour; Download Free Single
- Twin Forks offer free downloads and announce tours with Counting Crows, Jukebox The Ghost and Lucero
- Perth-based hardcore punks Miles Away to release 'Tide' May 5th on Six Feet Under Records