In 2014, Australia’s Babaganouj garnered serious radio attention with their releases “Too Late For Love” and “Bluff” – leading them to tour nationally twice, play each leg of The Blurst of Times tour as well as support a slew of notable acts such as The Preatures, Smudge, Veruca Salt, The Lemonheads, Northeast Party House and The Creases.
Now, they have come into 2015 swingin’ (the dancing kind, not the punching kind) – having already played The Inaugral Palms invitational “MATES” Festival in Sydney, and supporting Atlanta girl-punks The Coathangers in Brisbane and Byron Bay.
Refusing to sit still for very long, Babagnouj are here with their new single “Can’t Stop”.
Recorded with Magoo in his Applewood Studios as part of their prize for taking out the City Sounds Competition, “Can’t Stop” has all the ‘Nouj classics: boy-girl harmonies, lush melodies, and glorious guitar solos aplenty – mashed together with a beautiful 90’s pre-grunge urgency to work its way into your ears til you’re in a foot-tapping, head-bopping state of bliss.
In the vein of Australian classics like The Hummingbirds and The Hoodoo Gurus, with inspiration from the Creation Records and Flying Nun sounds you’ve probably heard a few times before, ‘Nouj gives you their new single “Can’t Stop”.
- Battleme announces July US Tour with recently reunited Veruca Salt
- C2SV TECH CONFERENCE + MUSIC FESTIVAL Announces 2nd Round of Performers to join Iggy and the Stooges in Silicon Valley
- The Midwestern Charm signs to Texas Is Funny and release 'Growing Pains' April 21
- NEW MUSIC: AustraliA, Punk Rock from Italy; release new album 'Robot'
- Sydney based The Griswolds announce new album and release new single 'Beware The Dog'
- Melbourne-based post hardcore band Void Of Vision release 'Sun//Rise' video