Multi-platinum rock band Avenged Sevenfold’s highly anticipated release, Waking The Fallen: Resurrected, is available today via Hopeless Records. Personally curated by the band, the release is a rare, never before seen look at their genre defining, seminal album Waking The Fallen. The new three-disc set includes the original studio album, new artwork, 11 previously unreleased b-sides, live and alternate versions of songs, three music videos and a 30 minute documentary with never before seen live footage from some of the band’s earliest shows.
Take a closer look at Waking The Fallen: Resurrected’s content:
* Two unreleased songs, including the lead track “Waking The Fallen: Resurrected,” which had been lost to history before it was discovered buried deep within the original multi-track recordings. Originally intended to make the album as a full song, it was ultimately reworked into a vocal free intro. Later the band drew inspiration from this lost song’s piano intro, building it out into their hit song “Beast And The Harlot” off of their next album City Of Evil. This song is a previously unknown link between two major eras in the band’s career.
* Four never before heard demos recorded by Thrice’s Teppei Teranishi including “Chapter Four,” “Remenissions,” “I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1,” and “I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2.” These early version demos contain alternate lyrics, melodies, and arrangements giving fans a unique and unprecedented behind the scenes look at the evolution of four of the band’s most popular songs.
* Five live versions recorded in 2004 from some of the band’s earliest shows including “Chapter Four (Live In Ventura),” “Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona),” “Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona),” “Unholy Confessions (Live In Ventura),” and “Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura).” Very little live material from this era of Avenged Sevenfold’s career has ever seen the light of day.
* A 30 minute documentary featuring brand new interviews from band looking back on the lead up, demoing, recording and touring around the Waking The Fallen album. The 30 minute film includes personal behind the scenes home movies and photos from the band’s earliest days.
* The original first cut of the “Unholy Confessions” music video.
Today, the band also debuted the original first cut of their music video for “Unholy Confessions,” which appears on the DVD portion of the release. Watch it now at http://bit.ly/1vHtnpr.
Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Track Listing
1. Waking The Fallen
2. Unholy Confessions
3. Chapter Four
5. Desecrate Through Reverence
6. Eternal Rest
7. Second Heartbeat
8. Radiant Eclipse
9. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1
10. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2
11. Clairvoyant Disease
12. And All Things Will End
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected
2. Second Heartbeat (Alternate Version)
3. Chapter Four (Demo)
4. Remenissions (Demo)
5. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1 (Demo)
6. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2 (Demo)
7. Intro/Chapter Four (Live In Ventura)
8 Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona)
9. Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona)
10. Unholy Confessions (L
ive In Ventura)
11. Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura)
12. I Won’t See You Tonight Pt. 1 (Live In Ventura)*
13. I Won’t See You Tonight Pt. 2 (Live In Ventura)*
*Denotes bonus tracks only available deluxe version
DVD Track Listing:
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Documentary
2. Chapter Four (Live Footage Video)
3. Unholy Confessions (Official Music Video)
4. Unholy Confessions (Original First Cut Music Video)
old has achieved worldwide success with a string of best-selling albums – including two consecutive No 1’s on Billboard’s Top 200 albums and Diamond, Platinum, and Gold awards for album sales in nearly a dozen countries. The band is a staple at American rock radio with a series of No. 1 singles. Avenged Sevenfold, which hails from Huntington Beach, Calif., is known for its spectacular live shows, routinely selling out arenas worldwide, including the U.K.’s legendary Wembley Arena, and headlining some of the biggest and most prestigious music festivals around the globe including Download (UK), Soundwave (Australia), Summer Sonic (Japan), Graspop (Belgium), and Rock On The Range (USA). As evidence of the singular role they play in the zeitgeist of rock & roll in the 21st century, in November 2012 A7X made an unprecedented appearance as characters in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 – the biggest-selling video game of all time, which featured the band’s performance of “Carry On,” written specifically for the game.
For More Information:
- Avenged Sevenfold stream 'Chapter Four (Live Footage Video)' from 'Waking The Fallen: Resurected'
- Avenged Sevenfold VIP Tour Packages On Sale
- Avenged Sevenfold Aftershock Festival 2013
- Avatar Announce Tour With Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch
- Avenged Sevenfold to perform tonight at KROQ Presents Fright Night In The Red Bull Sound Space
- Deer Tick and The Hold Steady release new covers of each other