Some bands never quite fit into the genres we carve out for them. With influences in indie, folk, and even brazilian classical, New York City duo (and real life couple) Aziza & The Cure have a truly captivating sound, with an eclectic mix of influences from The Dirty Projectors to brazilian superstar Caetano Veloso. The band recently unveiled their debut album Through All Our Fears early this year after successfully raising over $5,000 via Kickstarter. Through their release, listeners came to witness the youthful passion that has defined violinist Joelle Britt and guitarist Bradley Rouen’s relationship. The album plays as the soundtrack to an unfolding movie, as we watch the couple go through infatuation, betrayal, self-examination, and finally reconciliation. The band has also been releasing a series of covers on their YouTube channel each Tuesday at 7pmEST. Past covers have included Bruno Mars, Pharrell Williams, and more.
“We are devoted to a happier, healthier Earth,” the duo says. “We believe in the power of sound to soothe, empower, and enrich our lives; so it is a privilege to put our story into words and music and share it with the world.”
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- Sun Glitters feat. Sarah P shares 'Galaxy' Alphaat remix and video