“What Do I Have to Do” is a pop gem with a vibey tropical marimba and a funky bass line. It goes from being punchy, high-tension-sexy in the verse, to soaring ethereal chorus. “What Do I Have To Do” is the most recent single from Bebe Panthere‘s debut EP, Pink Sweat and has been described as Kill Bill meets Blondie with hip hop sprinkles on top – a homage to New York in the ’70s, new wave in the ’80s, with a graceful nod to pop music of the ’90s. The track and EP are out now and were produced by Baghdaddy of Weekend Money.
Raised on Madonna Records, Tarantino Soundtracks, and 90’s Punk, Bebe Panthere is an emerging pop singer and songwriter based in Brooklyn, New York. With an exotic look, long flowing pink hair and an exuberant style that reflects a pastiche of counter culture, it’s definitely hard to imagine Bebe, in her youth, playing classical piano and violin to appease her traditional family. Although she began singing in private as a child influenced by The Little Mermaid soundtrack, she felt shy about her voice, once pleading to her brother not to tell her parents after he walked in on her singing while working on a coloring book. Years later, it would be the San Francisco Bay Area punk scene that would prove to be the greatest influence in helping her recognize her true form. Young, liberated and bursting with creativity, the punk ethos possessed her to begin writing music, singing on stage, creating visual art, and designing fashion. Bebe later moved to New York where her interests in music and fashion continue to blossom fruitfully.
- Bebe Panthere releases debut single 'Gimme All Your Money' from upcoming 'Pink Sweat' EP
- Bebe Panthere releases 'Competition' single from upcoming debut EP
- Fourth & Coast release new single teaser ft. The Ready Set; tour with X Factor's Jennel Garcia
- The Number Ones release new song from Self Titled album out Aug.5 on Deranged Records
- London Pop-Rock band HEEL release single from upcoming 'Stranger Just The Same' EP
- Sunshine State announce new album on No Idea Records; stream first single