Between the Buried and Me is set to launch their first ever blu-ray release next week via Metal Blade Records worldwide. The video (also available on DVD) features interviews with each band member and a live recording of “The Parallax II: Future Sequence” performed in its entirety. Additionally, both the DVD and blu-ray versions include an audio CD of the performance. To whet the appetite of fans who may be wondering just how the in studio performance with guest musicians looks, “Extremophile Elite” has been released in its entirety at metalblade.com/btbam.
Tomorrow, each member of Between the Buried and Me will be hanging out on reddit.com/r/progmetal for an AMA! Ask the band anything from 1pm-3pm ET.
“Future Sequence: Live at Fidelitorium” was recorded at Fidelitorium Recordings outside of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The video was directed and edited by Justin Reich, with director of photography Ismail Abdelkhalek, and audio engineers Jamie King and Kris Hilbert. Audio mixing and mastering was completed by Jamie King. Guest musicians include: Walter Fancourt (tenor saxophone, flute), Julian Hinshaw (Tuba), Will Goodyear (marimba, glockenspiel), Taya Ricker (violin), David Parks (violin), Leigh Dixon (viola), and Socrates Razo (cello). Artwork and layout were completed by Owen Chandler, along with band photos by Chuck Johnson.
Order “Future Sequence: Live at Fidelitorium” online:
Follow Between the Buried and Me online:
- The Contortionist + BTBAM tour starts soon
- BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME announce spring headlining tour
- INTRONAUT release new video and announce TOUR
- Between The Buried and Me release teaser in anticipation for upcoming headline tour
- Between the Buried and Me preparing to film new DVD following upcoming tour
- Famined Records announces signing of prog metal band Dethrone The Sovereign from SLC