Beverly hit us with a no motion video for “Yale’s Life” (directed by Jim Larson) which debuted over at Gorilla Vs. Bear today dosing it a “dreamy, sweetly romantic ballad“. Hot off the heels of a critically acclaimed album and extensive North American tour with The Drums, Beverly are set to play five shows at this year’s CMJ – set times and days below. To transport Careers (out now via Kanine Records) live, Drew Citron is joined by Jamie Ingalls on Drums, Scott Rosenthal (The Beets) on bass, and Caitlin Frame (FRAME) on guitar and synth.
Beverly began as a recording project between Drew Citron and Frankie Rose. During numerous tours, the two started collaborating and sharing aspirations for making simple, clutter-free music. Their debut LP, Careers is a result of those ideas – a seemingly effortless album that combines raw pop, post-punk, and dreamy harmonies; drawing inspiration from lo-fi greats such as Mazzy Star, The Amps and The Clean.
BEVERLY AT CMJ:
FRI 10/24 / Knitting Factory – Culture Collide – 1:00 pm
FRI 10/24 / Studio at Webster Hall – Bird Dog Promo – 6:40 pm
FRI 10/24 / Brooklyn Night Bazaar – Kanine Records – 9:00 pm
SAT 10/25 / Baby’s All Right – Brooklyn Vegan Day Party – 3:45 pm
SAT 10/25 / Pianos – Bird Dog Promo – 10:45 pm
“10 New Artists You Need To Know: June 2014” –Rolling Stone
“…makes you want to hit repeat over and over until your brain starts to melt.”– SPIN
“the material reflects Citron’s smart choices with respect to genre and style.” – Pitchfork
“re-sparking our love of infectious, sweetly buzzing pop melodies…” – Gorilla Vs. Bear
“…pure pop harmonies” – NME
- Beverly release 'Honey Do' video; new album 'Careers' out Jul.1 on Kanine Records
- Beverly announces N. America tour with The Drums; watch new video 'Out On A Ride'
- Beverly signs to Kanine Records; releases debut track 'Honey Do'
- Beverly to release new album 'Careers' Jul.1 on Kanine Records
- Beverly releases 'Madora' music video; new album "Careers' out now on Kanine Records
- The Defiled perform a full show on floating iceberg in Kulusuk, Greenland