Starting in 2010, Beyond The Styx are a group from Tours, France hammering a sound too brutal to be labelled hardcore and way too dynamic to be simply defined as metal. The music this young five-piece creates straddles both universes and reference equal parts August Burns Red, Parkway Drive and Lamb of God.
In 2011, the group puts their first material to the test with the recording of their debut demo “ex1le”, which received some encouraging reactions and allowed them to tour throughout France for the first time.
In late 2012, they released their first EP “Sloughing Off The Shades” and have grown a strong fanbase in the months following by wreaking havoc on stage alongside bands like Hacride, Klone and Zuul FX.
Drawing from the experience gained over the past two years, Beyond the Styx enters the studio in the summer of 2014 to record their first full-length album “Leviathanima”, which is set for release on February 6th via Klonosphere Records.
Powerful, aggressive, diverse and infectious are all buzzwords fit to describe the group’s debut album, a potent combination of punishing hardcore rhythms, furious metallic riffs and brutal vocalizations that will surely enthral fans of August Burns Red, The Ghost Inside and Parkway Drive.
1. Quo fata ferunt
4. Kiss the abyss
5. Code: orphan†age
6. Respice finem
8. lupUS [feat. Ryan X]
11. 101 demons
- Parkway Drive Announce 2014 West Coast Dates
- Georgia-based hardcore band Midwayer signs to Imminence Records; check out new track
- Metal titans Parkway Drive announce new album 'Ire' Sept. 25 on Epitaph Records
- French band Flayed announce new video and debut album release on Klonosphere Records
- Klonosphere Records release Free Christmas Sampler
- Jake Luhrs and Heartsupport launches new campaign UniteTheScene