Guitar Center and DIRECTV have announced an impressively diverse roster of artists to be featured in season 9 of the retailer’s award-winning music television series Guitar Center Sessions presented by JBL. The live performance and interview series returns November 14 with 11 new episodes available Friday nights at 8 p.m., exclusively on DIRECTV’s Audience (Channel 239). Artists starring in season 9 include country stalwarts Big & Rich, hip-hop heavyweights T.I. and Wiz Khalifa, rock icons Billy Idol and LINKIN PARK, soulful crooner Aloe Blacc, multiple Grammy winning reggae artist Ziggy Marley, buzzworthy bands Neon Trees and X Ambassadors, indie darlings Cold War Kids and rock band The Gaslight Anthem.Watch Billy Idol perform “White Wedding” on Guitar Center Sessions: http://youtu.be/vG82zANV98k
Now in its landmark 9th season, Guitar Center Sessions provides inspiring music television content to all of DIRECTV’s 20 million subscribers, reaching over 15 million tune ins during summer premieres and 6.5 million tune ins this August. Guitar Center is committed to producing music programming in the highest quality possible, and was rewarded for that commitment to excellence, receiving four 2014 Telly Awards in the categories of editing, cinematography, sound/sound design and entertainment TV program. This honor places the retailer among such highly esteemed content providers as BET, E!, NBC Universal, Warner Bros., Sony, and more.
- The intimate live performance and interview series hosted by influential music tastemaker Nic Harcourt returns with 11 new episodes featuring top artists across multiple genres
- To date the series has won multiple awards, including four 2014 Telly Awards. Guitar Center Sessions continues its reign as the best music programming on television
- Season 9 to debut on DIRECTV’s Audience Network (channel 239) beginning November 14
- Archival episodes 1-33 now available on Qello Concerts
Watch Cold War Kids perform “Hot Coals” on Guitar Center Sessions: http://youtu.be/4njMPqM_No8
Guitar Center Sessions Season 9 Schedule:
Nov 14, 2014 The Gaslight Anthem
Nov 21, 2014 Billy Idol
Nov 28, 2014 Cold War Kids
Dec 05, 2014 Linkin Park
Dec 12, 2014 Wiz Khalifa
Dec 19, 2014 Ziggy Marley
Jan 02, 2015 Big & Rich
Jan 09, 2015 X-Ambassadors
Jan 16, 2015 Neon Trees
Jan 23, 2015 T.I.
Jan 30, 2015 Aloe Blacc
Guitar Center Sessions captures exclusive live performances and interviews from noteworthy and influential artists in stunning hi-definition and 5.1 surround sound. In addition to show-stopping performances, each episode features intimate interviews conducted by renowned journalist Nic Harcourt, offering rare insights into the celebrated careers of these icons and the inspirations behind their music. Born out of Guitar Center’s desire to deliver high quality music programming to music fans nationwide, the series has since gone on feature artists as diverse and iconic as Peter Gabriel, Soundgarden, Snoop Dogg, OneRepublic, Phantogram, Joan Jett, The Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Cliff, Damon Albarn, Social Distortion and more. New episodes premiere exclusively on DIRECTV’s Audience (channel 239) on Friday nights at 8 p.m. Beginning Nov. 1st, episodes 1 – 33 will be available on Qello Concerts, opening the show up to millions of users in more than 160 countries across multiple platforms including Apple TV, Roku, the PlayStation®3 system, the PlayStation®4 system, Sony Blu-Ray, Samsung Smart TV, XBOX, Google TV; mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows, Amazon Kindle Fire, the PlayStation®Vita system); and Qello.com. Guitar Center Sessions is but one example of the music retailer’s efforts to support artists by creating new avenues to expose their music to large audiences in an ever-changing music industry.
“We’re nearly 100 episodes in and have produced what we feel is our best season to date. Over the years ‘Guitar Center Sessions’ has built an extremely enthusiastic fan base and has been embraced by the music industry as an amazing platform for artists. Our team works incredibly hard to ensure that we consistently deliver a show that boasts top artists, in-depth interviews, the best in music and world-class, award-winning sound and cinematography.”
-Dustin Hinz, Vice President of Brand Experience and Entertainment Marketing, Guitar Center
“DIRECTV is excited to embark upon another season of the award-winning ‘Guitar Center Sessions’ and providing our customers with access to this extraordinary line-up.”
– Bart Peters, Vice President, Production and Development, DIRECTV.
- Amnesty International concert to feature Blondie, Peter Gabriel, Bob Geldof, Yoko Ono, Susan Sarandon and Sting
- Bruno Mars announce new special guests for blockbuster Moonshine Jungle World Tour
- Alice In Chains perform on Guitar Center Sessions
- Big & Rich's Gravity Set to Blast Off w/ Historic Launch September 23rd
- Watch: Linkin Park on Guitar Center Sessions Dec.5 at 9pm
- Alt-pop band Night Argent announce free debut EP exclusively on Vans Warped Tour