Black Numbers is excited to announce they will release the third full-length from alt-country band, Arliss Nancy (Fort Collins, CO). The album, entitled Wild American Runners, will see an official release in October of 2013 on the Jersey City label. Pre-orders will go live in September. The LP follows up Arliss Nancy’s 2012 album, Simple Machines, on Loose Charm Records. Also of note, the band’s first full-length, 2009’s Dance To Forget, is available for free download from Death To False Hope Records.
Formed in 2007, Arliss Nancy owe their sound to the dual influences of both Americana roots rock and gritty, bearded punk. From the outset, singer-songwriter Cory Call excelled at juxtaposing the simplicity of the classic American blue-collar songwriter with the subtlety and nuance of a well-read, withdrawn poet. Now, with nearly 6 years, 3 full length albums and 2 EPs under their belt, that dichotomy is as persistent as ever with the addition of bassist Kyle Oppold as half of the songwriting force behind Arliss Nancy’s Wild American Runners Black Numbers debut. The record will be immediately palatable to fans of alt-country mainstays like Lucero and Two Cow Garage, but the discerning ear will hear hints of a wide array of influences. From the dingy gravel of Midwestern pop punk to the whimsical balladry of Bruce Springsteen, Arliss Nancy’s sound is a triumph of contrasts, and they aim to prove it with their third full-length Wild American Runners.
04. Nothing To Show
05. Both Got Old
06. Hold It Together
07. Directions Never Hold
10. Wild American Runners
11. The GB Shuffle
- PJ Bond announces tour with Austin Lucas and Allison Weiss / currently on tour with Arliss Nancy
- Placeholder Announce Fall Tour Dates / New LP On Black Numbers
- NORTHCOTE Announce S/T Album Out 1/21/14 via Black Numbers
- PJ Bond announces Tour Dates with Maria Taylor (Azure Ray)
- Muscle & Bone to release debut album on Black Numbers
- NJ's Puddle Splasher announce Summer tour; debut EP out now on Black Numbers