Blank Paper have released the next single, “Whip” from their upcoming and anticipated Self-titled, Blank Paper EP, out July 1st. “Whip” is a backbeat driven track with unexpected synth hits and stacked vocal harmonies. The song is about how technology and smart devices have in some ways become our “whip” so to speak. Nothing too serious though, the song is definitely one of their more lighthearted and playful tracks. Please see the streaming link below and feel free to post and share.
Blank Paper is a Brooklyn-based Synth-Pop Quartet comprised of Marie Kim (vox / keys), Taylor Bense (keys / synth), Cory Sterling (keys, bass), and Chris Holdridge (drums / synth). The group is the result of four eclectic and distinctive musical backgrounds that have come together to produce playfully melodic and dance friendly, yet dark synth-pop music. The band originated in NYC in 2012 and released their debut EP, Tape Dreams in early 2013.
Several years prior to the release of the first Blank Paper EP, the quartet met and became friends in college. Taylor Bense (synth, keys, guitar), at the time a session guitarist and songwriter, invited Marie Kim (vocals, synth, keytar) to start singing on his compositions and write together. Taylor, Chris Holdridge (drums, sampler pads) and Cory Sterling (bass, synth bass) had a band together, and Marie her own. After these projects disbanded, the four of them naturally came together to write and perform, sharing their passion for feel-good music with a darker edge.
Artists like Kavinsky, Little Dragon, The Knife, and The Gorillaz inspire their sound, but the band’s originality and musicianship take Blank Paper to a new level of innovation within the pop context. A rarity in electronic synth-heavy music, their live show is completely free of laptops and backing tracks.
- Fourth & Coast release new single teaser ft. The Ready Set; tour with X Factor's Jennel Garcia
- Provoke Destroy release new single from Indianola Records debut album out Jul.22
- Emo punks Nathan Detroit release EP details and new single
- Brisbane's 16 year old Cypher releases new track 'Light and Sound'; featured on ABC MY24
- Electronic pop/rock band Skyroads release double A-side single '1,2 Steps/Beyond The Doors' and tour details
- Emmure launch 'Eternal Enemies' full album stream