In August, the world-renowned artist and turntablist DJ Shadow launched his own imprint, Liquid Amber, with the release of his first originally recorded material since 2011, an EP of the same title. The imprint is also a platform for Shadow to release and support music from artists he follows and believes in, the first of which is from fellow California native, Bleep Bloop (Aaron Triggs), with his 3-track EP ‘10 Watt Lazers‘ set for release on December 9th.
After a slew of original tracks, remixes, and collaborations that made waves through the electronic avant-garde music scene, he is getting ready to release his debut EP on the DJ Shadow-fronted imprint. The 3-track EP will get those unfamiliar with his unique style well-acquainted with his sound that can only be defined as #OUTERSPACE.
Bringing a crunchy, lazer-filled onslaught of new spacey creations, from the EP’s wobbly title track to the hip-hop-infused grime banger ‘Denial,‘ Bleep Bloop is set to put himself on the map as one of the scene’s most promising young artists.
Listen to Bleep Bloop on Soundcloud HERE
1) 10 Watt Lazers
Having grown up listening to Jazz & Blues and artists like Screamin’ Jay Hawkins and Tom Waits, Bleep Bloop has combined these inspirations with his fascination of space to, in his words, “take people to the dancefloor in the sky.” The release of which its name was inspired by the kind of lasers used at Burning Man’s Camp Q, is set to showcase the young artist’s impressive production skills, while establishing his own unique brand of electronic music.
Watch Bleep Bloop perform at Burning Man’s Camp Q HERE.
Listen to the Liquid Amber EP HERE.
- deadmau5 releases '5 Years of mau5' on Ultra Music with exclusive Spotify playlist
- Producer Jason Edward releases new Tiesto 'Red Lights' remix
- Savant to release his Middle Eastern-Influenced album 'ZION' Dec.13
- British-Japanese producer/DJ Maya Jane Coles releases video for title track of new album 'Comfort'
- GRiZ shares new single 'Stop Trippin' and Euro/World tour dates
- Cheap Girls release 'Famous Graves' May 13 on Xtra Mile Recordings, Spring Tour