BLOWSIGHT will release their new single entitled Winter Show Mercy (Thank You) on February 25th, 2014 throughout North America. 100% of net proceeds resulting from downloads of the song will be donated to charity.
The song was inspired by a conversation lead singer Nick Red had with a homeless person named Björn while buying him a cup of coffee just before Christmas. “Something that most of us will never experience is the humiliation of not even being recognized, being completely ignored by people that pass you by as if you didn’t even exist” states Nick. “Björn lost his wife three years ago and after that, it all just went downhill for him. While he admittedly needs shelter, food, or someone’s spare change; what he wants more than anything is for people just to acknowledge him even if they can’t spare a dime. The man is still a human being!”
After his experience, Nick Red stayed up all night long writing Winter Show Mercy. He recorded the song over the next few days, and immediately handed it over to his label reps for release.
“Are we (as a society) so cheap that we can’t even afford to be courteous to others?” asks Nick Red. “Please, please not only during the holidays, but all year long… When someone asks you for a dime, just stop. Instead of spending $100 on that next grocery bill, look that person begging for your help in the eyes and just answer- friendly words and compassion cost nothing.”
BLOWSIGHT released their most recent full-length album entitled Life & Death, on April 9th of 2013 through Eclipse Records (Mushroomhead, Bobaflex, A Breach of Silence). The band is currently editing a live DVD/CD which is planned for release later this year and they have previously released two music videos for the songs, Hit on the Radio and This Pain.
Nick Red (lead vocals/guitar), Seb (guitar/vocals), Mao (bass/vocals), Fabz (drums/vocals)
- OUR LAST ENEMY to release Concept Album 'Pariah' Produced by Christian Olde Wolbers on Eclipse Records
- Our Last Enemy release new video '10,000 Headless Horses' from upcoming 'Pariah' on Eclipse Records
- A Breach Of Silence release new video/single 'Night Rider (Eclipse Records)
- BornBroken announce limited edition Hockey Jersey; make donation to Children's Hospital
- La Dispute auction test presses for charity; 'Rooms of the House' out mar.18
- Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival onstage charity auction underway now through July 27