Rising IDM Star, Borealis (Jesse Somfay), will hit the road this fall armed with his third consecutive album Kallionyma. The long-awaited 7 track EP represents a new paradigm in Intelligent Dance Music where artistic character is the keystone of the musical development.
Performing professionally since the age of 18, Canadian born Somfay has put out notable releases through labels such as Traum Schallplatten, Origami Sound and Archipel. Soon, numerous prominent DJ’s took interest to his sound, including Jamie XX, Dominik Eulberg, and most notably Henry Saiz whose collaboration on “Honey Wine” (Discogs Best Mix Albums with ‘Balance 019) has shown considerable success. A true musicians musician, Borealis is often sighted in underground circles as one of music’s best kept secrets. As such, Borealis explores a full spectrum of sounds with his latest effort Kallionyma while displaying a more emotional side, reminiscent of the experimental label Border Community.
Continually breaking the mold in progressive experimental IDM, Borealis is garnering international and national acclaim including features in both Exclaim! and Vice Magazines. With a national tour in the works, he will be taking his unique sound to streets this fall.
For more about Borealis, check out his Soundcloud page at https://soundcloud.com/jessesomfay.
- Borealis (Jess Somfay) to release new album 'Kallionyma' July 8 on Tipping Hand Recordings
- Borealis releases Crosses remix following 'Kallionyma' EP
- Bleeding Rainbow releases track 'Images' from new album "Interrupt' out Feb.28 on Kanine Records
- Boys Noize announce World Tour, 'Got It' video Ft. Snoop Dogg & remix album
- Shores to release debut EP 'Life/Lost' Feb.26 on The Front Agency
- Clutch announce Record Store Day split with Lionize; Earth Rocker out Jun.10 on Weathermaker Music