Borealis is an artist given to relentless development and discovery, moving through ambient, trance, IDM, and all the exotic, elegant angularities of the electronic music sphere with amorphous alacrity. Drawing from the vivid textures and style of his vast catalogue of previous work, Borealis has managed to create a unique soundscape on his newest EP Kallionyma which was released July 8th, 2014.
Recently released on Tipping Hand Recordings, Kallionyma is the third major release from Borealis following Voidness (2012) and Glittervoice (2013). The new album provokes a unique look into the world of techno and IDM. His music has been likened to artists such as Boards of Canada, Autechre, and the experimental record label Border Community
Borealis is a new project alias to Jesse Somfay who has been producing techno for over ten years and collaborated with renowned producers such as Henry Saiz and Dominik Eulberg. Both his Somfay and Borealis work have been recognized by artists such as Seth Troxler, Jamie XX, and James Zabiela. His music has been featured on VICE Magazine, XLR8R, Exclaim!, Pitchfork, and Resident Advisor. Having performed at festivals such as Mutek and Picnik Electronique, Borealis gears up for his first live tour this fall, armed with an exciting arsenal of new music.
- Borealis (Jess Somfay) to release new album 'Kallionyma' July 8 on Tipping Hand Recordings
- Borealis announces Fall tour dates with Kallionyma
- Portugal The Man releases remix EP of latest album 'Evil Friends'
- Telepopmusik releases 'Sound' remix EP ft. Mark Gardener, Manfredas, and more
- deadmau5 releases '5 Years of mau5' on Ultra Music with exclusive Spotify playlist
- Butcher Babies release cover EP 'Uncovered' kick off headline tour