Born Joy Dead is the new project of former Hungry Kids Of Hungary bassist Ben Dalton. After making a great impression among tastemakers and picking up national radio play with their debut single, the band are setting out to do it all again with their latest offering ‘Hey Blood’.
The Brisbane four-piece made their first noise in May earlier this year with their fun and fey debut track ‘Upside Down, Inside Out’ which was met with outstanding reviews from media labeling the new outfit “such a great new wave feel” (Sounds Of Oz) and “much more than just the average indie pop tune” (Semplesize).
After gracing stages with the likes of Ball Park Music and Rolls Bayce, Born Joy Dead will continue to make an impact on audiences with a national run booked shortly to be announced in the coming weeks.
‘Hey Blood’ is available now via iTunes.
SUPPORT FOR DEBUT SINGLE ‘UPSIDE DOWN, INSIDE OUT’
“Fun handclaps, spunky and playful guitar, soothing vocals layered in different octaves.”
Music Between Friends (CAN)
“Yeah! I’ve come back to this song a couple of times because it keeps coming back to me. It’s a real worm. Love them chorus guitars!” – Max Quinn – Triple J (AUS)
“The quirky bassline is sure to delight Hungry Kids of Hungary fans. But beyond that, the song’s got such a great new wave feel to it.” – Sounds of Oz (AUS)
“Upside Down, Inside Out is much more than just the average indie pop tune.” – Semplesize (AUS)
- Arcade Messiah share new track 'Sun Exile'
- Milo Greene releases new single from their new studio album 'Control' out Jan.27 on Elektra
- Exclusive: Swanky Tiger streams new single 'Bad Operator' from upcoming album 'Empires'
- Elektra artist The Moth & The Flame shares first single “Young & Unafraid” from their forthcoming album
- HORNETS to release 'No Faith' EP on Mar. 31
- Austin Paul releases 'Revival', the final installment of EP Trilogy