Rising stars BOTH have struck gold with their summer house anthem, ‘Straight Outta Line’. Taking up residence in Shazam’s Worldwide Top 200 for the last 5 weeks and currently on heavy rotation across Europe’s clubs and dance resorts, the infectiously catchy track is steadily climbing up the European airplay charts and now making waves in the UK with a top 20 entry in the Commercial Pop Club Chart and an entry in the Upfront Club Chart Top 100 to be published in Music Week Magazine on 28th August.
The video for ‘Straight Outta Line’, directed by award winning London filmmaker, Lucy Tcherniak, has racked up over 200,000 views to date and features actors, Johnny Ortiz and Gabe Nevins, of Gus Van Sant’s ‘Paranoid Park’ fame.
As with all great partnerships, the French/Belgian team up of BOTH’s connection was born through similar tastes. Taking influences from nu soul, classic house, funk and the work of legendary producers like Roger Sanchez and Eric Morillo and adding the vocals of a special Northern Soul genius who’s sublime vocals on ‘Straight Outta Line’ add more colour and feeling to an already exciting track.
BOTH explain, “This is a song about redemption and solidarity. It is about community and the strength of the human spirit. The vocals compliment this perfectly and this is a journey we thoroughly enjoyed.”
The remix comes courtesy of rising Polish star, P.A.F.F, who gives the original track a deep, tech house reworking destined for late night dancefloor rotation.
‘Straight Outta Line’ looks certain to be one of this year’s new discoveries and is out now via [PIAS] Recordings.
- Liz Green announce teaser video for upcoming album 'Haul Away' on Play It Again Sam
- The Jezabels release behind the scenes video for new album 'The Brink'
- Agnes Obel releases new single/video for 'Aventine' on Play It Again Sam Mar.31
- Melanie De Biasio announces new album Apr.28 on Play It Again Sam; watch new video
- Liz Green releases animated video 'Haul Away!'; album out now on Play It Again Sam
- Deer Tick release new video 'Big House'; tour with The Hold Steady