BOYS NOIZE (Alexander Ridha) released Out Of The Black – The Remixes yesterday, including unreleased remixes from Audion (Matthew Dear), Oliver, Jimmy Edgar, Housemeister and MMM in addition to BOYS NOIZE DJ-edits.
Boys Noize shared the official “Got It” music video featuring Snoop Dogg dancing to Boys Noize’s signature raw vibe and sound via Dazed & Confused HERE. The remix album features the Blood Diamonds remix of “Got It”, the Snoop Dogg collaboration first performed live at Ultra Music Festival (view live concert footage HERE).
In March, Boys Noize will invade Los Angeles with 4 uniquely curated events between shows at Austin’s SXSW and Miami where he will play several shows, including Boysnoize Records events. Please see details below.
The album’s Jimmy Edgar remix was premiered via Rolling Stone HERE . “Jimmy Edgar is one of my favorite producers right now,” Ridha tells Rolling Stone. “On his remix he took the funk essence of the original and flipped it to a darker but club-friendlier banger. So killer!”.
In the past year, Boys Noize has toured the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and South Africa with his signature SKULL, and performed headline shows at ULTRA, Bonnaroo, HARD Summer and HARD Day Of The Dead. In addition to releasing the GO HARD EP last June, Boys Noize teamed up with Skrillex this year to form the new group Dog Blood and lit up Coachella, Lollapalooza, Electric Zoo and HARD Summer with an electrifying live show. Entertainment Weekly described the Dog Blood debut at Coachella as “the world’s most joyous Satanic ritual. It was mystifying but fascinating—the Sahara Tent became its own congregation complete with everything but the swinging incense.” In September 2013 Dog Blood released the Middle Finger Part II EP (accessible HERE).
The remix album is released on Boysnoize Records (BNR), the label Alexander Ridha founded 2005 in order to allow himself to retain full artistic freedom while releasing his own music under the name Boys Noize and other monikers. BNR became a home for multidirectional quality electronic music. The Berlin-based anarchist collective are celebrating their 100th deafeningly successful release incl. albums from high-ranked artists Spank Rock, Siriusmo, Housemeister, Strip Steve and SCNTS, and EPs from Djedjotronic, Boody & Le1f, Peaches and UZ. – and of course BOYS NOIZE‘s debut Oi Oi Oi (2007), POWER (2009) and Out of The Black (2012). Alex has also released his highly acclaimed FABRICLIVE 72 (stream HERE) and BNR’s Boysnoize presents Dance Mania (stream HERE.)
BOYS NOIZE TOUR DATES:
Official SXSW BNR Showcase
Thursday, March 13th – Austin, TX @ Majestic Music Hall
Boys Noize Los Angeles Invasion
Wednesday, March 19th – Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
Thursday, March 20th – Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
Friday, March 21st – Los Angeles, CA @ Lot 613
Saturday, March 22nd – Los Angeles, CA @ Lure Patio
Official Miami BNR Showcase
Saturday, March 29th – Miami, FL @ LMNT
More tour dates to be announced soon!
Boys Noize Out Of The Black – The Remixes (out 2/3/14 via BNR):
** Previously unreleased & exclusive mixes
1. What You Want (Jimmy Edgar Unreleased Dub MixAlb) **
2. XTC (MMM Remix Boys Noize Re-Did) **
3. Missile (Boys Noize DJ Edit) **
4. Conchord featuring Siriusmo (Oliver Remix) **
5. Ich R U (Justice Remix)
6. Got It featuring Snoop Dogg (Blood Diamonds Remix) **
7. What You Want (Chromeo Remix)
8. XTC (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
9. Stop (Audion’s Acid State Mix) **
10. Circus Full Of Clowns feat. Gizzle (Housemeister Remix) **
- Boys Noize announce World Tour, 'Got It' video Ft. Snoop Dogg & remix album
- Kurupt to release new 'Moon Rock' mixtape Dec.10; tour with Scoe and Snoop Dogg
- Atlanta rapper Que releases debut solo EP 'Who Is Que'
- BOYS NOIZE announces American tour dates + new music to be released + BNR ERROR app
- Boys Noize Announces 'Fabriclive 72' Album for Fabric London out 11/18
- Diamond Youth release 'UK OK' acoustic EP