Brazilian all-girl rap trio Pearls Negras have released new mixtape ‘Nossa Gang’.
Hailing from Favela Vidigal in Rio De Janiero, Pearls Negras may be made up of angelic-faced Brazilian teenagers Alice, Jemi and Mari, however the trio’s aggressive lyrical mastery and gnarly bass-heavy favela rhythms serve to reflect the danger and personality of life in Brazil’s post-World Cup favelas.
After embarking on a highly anticipated European tour, the trio have been showered with critical support from the likes of The Guardian, Complex, Hunger, I-D, Noisey, Rolling Stone, Dazed, Spin, and Stereogum amongst many others.
Now the ‘Queens of Baile Funk’ are set to capitalise on the hype with the release of ‘Nossa Gang’ (Our Gang’), which sees them effortlessly ‘grip and rip’ seven intense Baile, funk and bossanova rhythms, proving themselves as the biggest Brazilian cultural export since Pelé in the process.
- Introducing Brazilian Rap Girl-gang, PEARLS NEGRAS
- Pearls Negras release new video for 'Pensado Em Voce’ from 'Biggie Apple Mixtape'
- Mia Doi Todd records new album in Brazil with Brazilian Musicians
- Agoria embarks on Brazilian World Cup tour including headlining Boiler Room in Sao Paulo
- Battlecross to join Machine Head, Children Of Bodom and Epica on Fall tour
- Innovative UK artist Only Real release debut album 'Jerk at the End of the Line'