Brisbane’s Steve Grady has had a career so far full of accolades, amazing connections, innovative tours and universal praise for his records. Secreting himself away to write and record his return EP, “A Year’s Gone By” which will be released in April, he wants the world to have a taste of it with his new single “Go Away and Miss Me”.
Grady, noted for his alt-country tones and carefully-crafted lyrics, is launching his brand new single ‘Go Away & Miss Me’ at Skukum Lounge at Brisbane’s Junk Bar on March 12.
Still only in his twenties, the “son of a preacher man” born in Papua New Guinea, has led a full life traipsing around this sunburnt country playing well over 300 live shows and winning the admiration of both punters and industry folk alike.
For Grady the process is just as important as the product. Hiring a one hundred year old community hall in Kallista in regional Victoria, Grady bunkered down will fellow acoustic troubadour Dan Parsons to record his latest release.
So far Grady has released ‘Hotel Chelsea’ LP in 2009 (SK Records) and ‘Youth Skin’ LP 2011,”one of the best singer songwriter albums you’ll hear this year”Youth Skin**** (Noel Mengel, Courier Mail).
Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson even covered Grady’s painful ditty, ‘She waits ’til I’m Asleep’, featured on their ‘Wreck and Ruin’ duet album (2012). After completing the a mammoth 50-date tour of Australia in 2012, Grady spent time abroad playing shows in LA and UK, and began writing his 7- track ‘Blue River’ EP, released independently later that year.
With an upcoming national tour to be announced for May 2015, perhaps the last words should be left to Kasey Chambers herself, “Why the hell don’t more people know about Steve Grady?” Why indeed.
‘Go Away & Miss Me’ Single Launch
Thursday 12th March
The Junk Bar – Skukum Lounge
Supports: Megan Cooper
Tickets at the door. $10
- Steve Grady announces co-headline tour with Dan Parsons to celebrate EP release
- Caitlin Canty announces tour dates with Jeffrey Foucault and The Stray Birds
- Rhonda Vincent nominated for Female Vocalist Of The Year at IBMA Awards
- Lee Ann Womack set to perform Grammy nominated album title 'The Way I'm Livin' on 'The View'
- Emerging artist Abi Ann to join on Kelly Clarkson on 'Piece by Piece' tour
- The Asteroids Galaxy Tour to release new album Sept.16 on Hot Bus/Rough Trade; stream single