Two years have passed since Brittsommar released their critically acclaimed The Machine Stops, and it is fair to say that they have not slowed pace. The singer Sawyer Gebauer has only continued to evolve the sound and spirit that is Brittsommar. From the deserts of the southwest to his homestead of New York City.
If you are somewhat familiar with the story, you should know that in 2010 this then 19 year old moved to a farm on the Swedish countryside creating an international band full of elaborate characters in the likes of lawyers, painters, scientists, engineers, thieves, nobodys and know-it-alls. All on the cusp of giving it all up and starting again through this project.
From recording Brittsommar´s first album Day Of Living Velvet in an abandoned synagogue in his home town of Madison, WI, to a warehouse in Berlin where The Machine Stops was born, Sawyer returned to America to harness and rediscover his tongue where the root of folk, country, and music tradition breaths.
Traveling coast to coast and south to north more than once, and having a successful $3500 music campaign, Brittsommar found the breeding ground for The Mary Me E.P. at Bob Weir´s (Grateful Dead) TRI studios in San Rafeal, California.
Working with a dynamic group of musicians such as Jason Crosby and producer Brad K Dollar, The Mary E.P. is no re-write. It is yet another musical transformation cradling the ramble of blues, the pain of the American country, the known stories of folk, and the everchanging pop of today.
Along with the album to be released in early May 2015, A mini documentary (filmed by Johanna Ovelius Gustavsson) is to be shown following Sawyer through the U.S. performing concerts, conducting interviews, a variety of intimate live music footage, and the inside look at the recording of The Mary Me E.P.
The first single and video “North Country Blood” is due to release March 4th.
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY:
- The Moons announce new single 'Body Snatchers' out June 23 on Schnitzel Records
- The Cold and Lovely release new single from new EP 'Ellis Bell Deluxe'
- Diamante releases third single of the year 'Bite Your Kiss' #3 on Billboard Hot Single Sales
- Then Thickens announces dates with Echo & The Bunnymen, new single Aug.4 on Hatch Records
- Pysch duo Saint Agnes to release new single Jun.10 on Energy Snake Records
- Melodic hardcore band Louder Than Quiet team up with Jonny Craig for "Red Gemini"