Big news from The Blancos, the mysterious, Brooklyn-based duo that is primed and ready to take the music industry by storm.
The band recently recorded a haunting version of Nirvana’s legendary “Something in the Way,” which is featured on the Pigeons and Planes Nirvana tribute project, Teenage Angst Has Paid Off Well. The project will be hosted on Pigeons and Planes’ Audiomack channel. Listen to The Blancos’ take on “Something in the Way,” here.
In addition, The Blancos have completed a tremendous new video of their recent Sofar Sounds performance. Sofar Sounds organizes secret gigs in intimate spaces all over the world. Check out The Blancos perform in the living room of a Brooklyn home.
Armed with only an electric guitar, a laptop computer and unmistakable vocals, The Blancos have managed to garner an almost cult-like following by way of their inimitable, genre-bending sound. “When was the last time you heard hip hop and rock (among a variety of other sounds) combined so well in such a seamless fashion,” asks The Source. “Not in a long time. That should go without argument.”
Choosing only to go by Blanco 1 and Blanco 2, the members of the Blancos have been working behind closed doors for the better part of eight years, undoubtedly perfecting their unique sound along the way. And, while they prefer to conceal their identities, we can only hope they continue to share their music with the world.
Connect with The Blancos:
- New NIRVANA Tattoos to Accompany 20th Anniversary Release on 9/24
- Nirvana CREATE YOUR OWN POSTER App Now Live
- Hand Drawn Dracula Release Milkin' It, a Tribute to Nirvana's In Utero
- Nirvana inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame
- Avatar release new single 'Bloody Angel' from new album out May 13
- Brooklyn psych dream pop band Balancer stream track from debut album 'Tipsoo'