Brooklyn post-punk/dream pop band The Harrow present their debut album, “Silhouettes.” Walking a fine line between the alluring and the surreal, it features driving, club-centric electronics nestled against lush organic instrumentation, woven with vivid songcraft. The result is a hauntingly familiar sound that is never complacent in scope. Mixed by Xavier Paradis of Automelodi, the album will be released in both vinyl and digital formats by German label aufnahme+wiedergabe on Nov. 6, 2015.
Composed of Vanessa Irena, Frank Deserto, Barrett Hiatt, and Greg Fasolino, The Harrow’s present form coalesced in 2013, culminating in the release of their self-titled EP that October.
“Axis,” a vinyl split single on aufnahme+wiedergabe, followed in spring 2014, accompanied by the band’s first video. Last October, The Harrow issued a cover of The Glove’s “Mouth to Mouth” as a free digital single via Everything Is Chemical.
Preceded by the “Love Like Shadows” single and video in September 2015, “Silhouettes” is a more eclectic and collaborative effort, studded with moments of real beauty and pure chaos. It showcases a new level of integration between advanced electronics, dreamy melodies and aggressive beats.
“Dirty Minds,” a split single with Dead Leaf Echo, is set for release this coming winter on Moon Sounds Records.
Vanessa Irena – vocals, synth, programming
Frank Deserto – bass, synth, programming
Barrett Hiatt – synth, programming
Greg Fasolino – guitar
- Australian dream-pop post punk band Soviet X-Ray Club release debut album 'Wake'
- Indie dream pop band The Meaning Of Life release new single ' She Never Screams'
- Swedish dream pop act Heart/Dancer stream new single 'Outro'
- Buzzing NYC shoegaze/dream pop artist Jennie Vee releases enchanting 'Spying' video
- NY-based post punks Video Beast release debut single 'Chimp Strength'
- Nashville-based COIN release self-titled debut on StarTime International