It was a chilly night here in Norfolk. As I exited out of the parking garage I could see the Venue in the distance. The mixture of young and old fan groups looking to see Bush perform live once again or for the first time. Only one opener tonight a band from Chicago called The Kickback formed back in 2008. Certainly a band to watch out for with edgy lyrics and a good stage presence. Only a 30 minute set for them but it’s enough to warm up the audience. As the lights dim down you could make out shadowy figures walking onto the stage. The light come up and Gavin Rossdale walks onto the stage as the beginning of “Everything Zen” off of 1995 album Sixteen Stone. Hard to believe that Gavin’s voice hasn’t changed much. Next song “Just like my other Sins” off their 2014 Man on the Run album. Another “The Chemicals between Us” was next up. The fans filled the venue to almost max capacity was loving it. With a set list of 18 songs it was one hell of a night! Ending the night with “Glycerine” and Comedown” left you wanting more from Bush. We certainly hope to see new material from Bush in 2017.
Bush Official Website:
- The Expendables Blackout Tour 2017
- Photo:Killswitch Engage Tour w/ The Devil Wears Prada & Jasta
- “Paper Route” @ The NorVa, Norfolk, VA February 23rd 2017
- “August Burns Red - Messengers 10 year Anniversary Tour” @ The NorVa, Norfolk, VA February 10th 2017 written by Brittany Hatch, photographs by Gary Horton
- “Breaking Benjamin” January 11th @ The NorVa, Norfolk, VA
- photo series: HHM photographer Emily Bobrowicz on tour with Cane Hill (Rochester)