The Musebox today announced that Canadian folk rock heroes Shred Kelly have released in America their new single, “Sing to the Night.” Thanks in large part to their dynamic, high-energy, and engaging live show, Shred Kelly have crafted their own sound, called “stoke folk.” Their most recent full-length, Sing to the Night, was named one of the Top 15 Most Anticipated Albums of 2015 by CBC Music. They recently won Album of the Year and Best Live Act at the 2015 Kootenay Music Awards and are currently nominated for a 2015 West Coast Music Award for Best Music Video for “Sing to the Night.” Sing to the Night will be released in the U.S. on November 13.
According to Exclaim Magazine, “Sing to the Night is a huge step forward for this young group.” Through their individual backgrounds, Tim Newton, Sage McBride, Jordan Vlasschaert, Ian Page-Shiner, and Ty West have amplified the traditional sound of folk music with a more contemporary approach. Their reputation as a captivating live band has earned Shred Kelly sold-out shows across Canada, performances at some of the Canada’s premier festivals, and placement upon a growing list of awards and recognition.
Shred Kelly’s third album, Sing To The Night, features their signature claw-hammer banjo riffs, layered ambient synth, powerhouse rock, and lush vocal harmonies. Their acclaimed producer John Critchley (Elliott Brood, Amelia Curran, The Once) from Green Door Studios was a master at creating an album that pushed their creativity and gave Shred Kelly a new take on their signature sound. It is this “stoke folk” sound that has translated just as well on albums as it does on packed dance floors.
More information on Shred Kelly is available on their official website.
- Emerging LA singer/songwriter Layne announces first US tour to begin in April
- Australian pop artist Dioni releases touching 'That Summer' lyric video
- Buzzing NYC shoegaze/dream pop artist Jennie Vee releases enchanting 'Spying' video
- Three Days Grace release 'Human Race' lyric video from new album on RCA Records
- Spotlight: Escaping Pavement: Americana/Rock from Detroit
- LA based pop/rock band Starling Glow release brand new single 'Ignite'