A melting pot of sounds, Charlie and the Foxtrots draw on its members’ influences to create poppy, energetic writing intertwined with country/folk instrumentation reminiscent of Fleet Foxes, Mumford and Sons, Avett Brothers, The Lumineers, and Local Natives.
Nashville-born Charlie and the Foxtrots is a meeting of seven musical minds. Starting in January 2013, Chas Wilson (vocals/guitar) recruited each of the ‘foxtrots’ one by one into the current line up: James Varner (drums/vocals), Matt McClure (bass), Jeremy Webster (piano/vocals), Andrew Mcpheters (banjo/mandolin/trumpet, Josh Ramos (guitar/harmonica/banjo/mandolin), and Rob Hutchison (fiddle). Blending their unique styles to create a dynamic alliance, the folk-pop group worked at a galloping pace to record their first EP in March 2013 after the support of a highly successful Kickstarter campaign, officially launching the band in June 2013. Riding on this momentum, the band is releasing their first full-length album on July 8, 2014.
- Charlie and the Foxtrots release new song 'The Big Bad Wolf'
- Charlie and The Foxtrots release new single 'The Man I Am'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Indirections release new single from 'Clockworks' out Feb. 25 on Invogue Records
- Frank Turner to release 'Polaroid Picture' EP Feb. 4 on Xtra Mile/Interscope Records
- South-East pop punks Homebound to release 'Come of Age' in July; stream lead single