The indie/alternative rock quartet Monks of Mellonwah, hailing from Sydney, Australia have been nominated for best indie rock act and best rock act at the 2012 Artists In Music Awards. It has also been announced that they will be travelling to the U.S to play at the awards ceremony, which will take place Feb 10 at the Key Club in Hollywood, California. The band have also announced that they are teaming up with renowned engineer Howie Weinberg (Nirvana, RHCP, Soundgarden) for the mastering of their upcoming 2012 release.
After the critical acclaim of their debut EP “Stars are Out” (2010), the Monks are already putting the final touches on their follow up, which is due for release in early 2012. Their music video for “Swamp Groove” took 1st prize at the Howard’s Shorts short film festival, and the Monks are set to be featured in an upcoming documentary on ABC’s RAGE.
The Monks of Mellonwah are headed to Hollywood Feb 10 to play the 2012 Artists In Music Awards, where they’re nominated for best rock act and best indie rock act.
The band’s new single “Neurogenesis” can be heard at www.monksofmellonwah.com.
RECENT NEWS & ACCOLADES
– Nominated for 2 awards at the Artists in Music Awards in Los Angeles
– Asked to play at the awards night at the Key Club in West Hollywood
– Song Neurogenesis selected to feature in the soundtrack of a new Hollywood movie called the Errand Boys – set for release 2012
– Songs Neurogenesis and Neverending Spirit played on Mikey Jayy’s radio show ‘The Great Unknowns’ in Los Angeles
– Supported Thirsty Merc and You Am I as well as playing across some of Sydney’s most respected venues including The Metro and Factory Theatre’s, The Gaelic Club and Oxford Art Factory
– New song Kyoto played on Triplej radio and Monks were one of the first bands to be featured on triplej unearthed’s new stationRadio play across a number of USA and Canadian radio stations
– Created, promoted and launched MELLONAID – a charity gig set up to raise funds to under privaledged children around the world. First MDELLONAID raised $12000.00 for benefit of War Child in Feb 2011
– Placing 5th out of 500 bands Australia wide at the Emergenza Festival
– Song Swamp Groove ranked top 5-10 most requested song across community radio in Australia
– Swamp Groove music video claiming first prize at Harolds Shorts – prize judged and award by Glenn A Baker
– Swamp Groove received rotation on ABC’s RAGE
– Monks selected to to feature in documentary celebrating 25 years of RAGE