Bridge Nine Records is excited to welcome Chicago’s Dead Ending to their roster. Featuring members of Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Articles of Faith and All Eyes West, Dead Ending is a no-frills, 80’s influenced hardcore/punk band. Dead Ending boasts two releases already under their collective belt – 2012’s S/T EP and Dead Ending II the following year, both released on Alternative Tentacles.
Back in 2006, guitarist Jeff Dean met and befriended Vic Bondi, the frontman of legendary Chicago punk band Articles Of Faith, while on tour. The two bonded together over hyper-aggressive 80’s bands and discussed the possibility of starting their own, and kept in touch over the years. Fast forward to 2011 and Dean began writing songs and recruited longtime friend and Alkaline Trio drummer Derek Grant to help him lay the tracks down in Million Yen Studios, where Jeff works as an engineer. Vic liked the songs and signed on. Joe Principe of Rise Against then came on board as bassist and Dead Ending was officially born. In addition to releasing their debut recordings, 2012 also marked the band’s first show at Punk Rock Bowling in Las Vegas and since, they’ve gone on to play strings of shows in the midwest and elsewhere when their busy schedules allow.
In April of 2014, Dead Ending will release the DE III EP on Bridge Nine; five brand new tracks that pack a punch like never before. The EP also features guest vocalist from fellow punk legends Jake Burns (Stiff Little Fingers) and Jeff Pezzati (Naked Raygun, The Bomb). Song premieres and pre-order information will be coming very soon. In the meantime, keep up with Dead Ending on Facebook.
- ALKALINE TRIO & NEW FOUND GLORY ANNOUNCE CO-HEADLINING TOUR, H2O TO SUPPORT
- Alkaline Trio to play residencies in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York
- Alkaline Trio drummer Derek Grant announces debut solo album 'Breakdown'
- Rise Against release 'Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013'
- London's Soccer Six Charity Event ft The Blackout, Deaf Havana, Kids in Glass Houses and more
- Bridge Nine Records launches new podcast