Photo credit: Jenna Foxton
Coinciding with today’s release of their hotly anticipated debut album ‘Lacuna’ on House Anxiety / Marathon Artists, Childhood have released a video for their new single ‘As I Am’.
The video stars and was shot by band member Ben Romans-Hopcraft in West Norwood Park, South London with the idea of creating an absurd interpretation of conceptual art.
An anthemic and bittersweet slice of summer ‘As I Am’, was produced by Rodaidh McDonald (The XX, Savages, King Krule) and Dan Carey (Bat For Lashes, TOY). With The Guardian describing Childhood as ‘undeniably exciting and relevant’ and Pitchfork as ‘an exciting young British rock band delivering their spin on luminous guitar pop‘, ‘Lacuna‘ is looking set to be one of this year’s breakthrough albums.
“Lacuna” Tracklisting /
01. Blue Velvet
02. You Could Be Different
03. As I Am
04. Right Beneath Me
05. Falls Away
06. Sweeter Preacher
08. Solemn Skies
10. Pay For Cool
11. When You Rise
Childhood formed at Nottingham University, originally as a two-piece making bedroom demos. The founders Ben Romans-Hopcraft (vocals/guitar) and Leo Dobsen (guitar) initially came together over a shared love for psychedelic and guitar music, later bringing in Daniel Salamons on bass and Jonny Williams on drums.
- LA-based four piece The Interrupters release new video/single 'A Friend Like Me'
- Hong Kong to release debut LP ‘High Noon’ + video for new single 'Late Bloomer'
- Capsize to release debut full length 'The Angst In My Veins' Sept.30 on Equal Vision Records
- Vance Joy releases video for intimate live performance of 'My Kind Of Man'
- Lowell release twisted fantastical video 'The Bells' from debut album out Sept.16
- Girlpool announce 'Before The World Was Big' video and debut album on Wichita Recordings