Premiered as Essential New Tune by Radio 1’s Pete Tong, ‘Stranger’ marks a distinct new sound for the New Jersey producer, combining a dizzying contemporary take on soulful funk and glitter ball disco. On vocals, Mikky Ekko forms a love child of Michael Jackson and Pharrell, personifying Malinchak’s emotive songwriting in an exploration of love, “Let me be your stranger/Feel your love for the very first time.” Describing the track, Malinchak says it expresses “a bigness, freshness and a sound that will surprise everybody.”
‘Stranger’ follows the phenomenal success of Malinchak’s stunning ‘If You Got It’ and the UK No.2 hit single ‘So Good To Me’, the latter topping 17 million views on YouTube, dominating the dancefloor and radio, and moving Adele to describe it as “beautiful”.
For more on Chris Malinchak:
- MisterWives Announce Rough Trade NYC Release Show, Lead Singer Guests on Rihanna Cover
- Ultra Music Releases 'Ultra Dance 15' Compilation Ft. Hardwell, Kaskade, Diplo, Benny Benassi & More
- Diamante releases new lyric video for 'Burns'
- Alternative electronic duo Oh Be Clever Premiere "Next To You" Music Video
- Reptile Youth release full stream of new album 'Rivers That Run For A Sea That Is Gone'
- The Cold and Lovely release new single from new EP 'Ellis Bell Deluxe'