CreativeLive, the world’s leading online classroom, has announced several special guests for its upcoming ‘Music & Audio’ channel class, “The Working Musician Playbook,” which will be hosted by Periphery drummer and Bandhappy.com founder, Matt Halpern, next month. Special guests to appear in-studio over the two-day course are as follows:
Ash Avildsen – Sumerian Records Founder/CEO
Mike Mowery – Outerloop MGMT Founder/CEO
Mark Scribner – Business Manager for Killswitch Engage, Periphery, Animals as Leaders
Mike Johnston – Drummer, Clinician and Founder of Mikeslessons.com
Chris Brewer – Head of Artist Relations for Meinl Cymbals USA
J.P. Bouvet – Drummer, Clinician and winner of Guitar Center Drum Off 2011
In this online course, free to watch live, Modern Drummer’s 2013 ‘Best Metal Drummer,’ Matt Halpern, along with the slew of accomplished special guests, will show viewers how to break out of the garage and build a lasting career in the music industry – from finding the right management, agent and label, to building relationships with sponsors and key industry players and more. The class will broadcast live on April 9 and April 10 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT. For more information, and to enroll today, head over to: http://www.creativelive.com/courses/working-musican-playbook-matt-halpern.
Since its inception in 2010, CreativeLive has broadcast more than 250 courses to more than 1 million students worldwide. Now streaming live from studios in Seattle and San Francisco, CreativeLive hosts workshops in photography, video, design, business, audio, music, and software training, unlocking previously closed doors by making dynamic education accessible to everyone.
The site’s upcoming “The Working Musician Playbook” instructor, Matt Halpern, plays drums in Periphery and is the founder of Bandhappy.com. He’s a fixture on the clinic scene, multiple time winner of the Modern Drummer Magazine readers’ poll in the Educator/Clinician and Metal Drummer categories, and one of the most respected names in rock drumming. Also, he loves dogs.
Stay tuned to CreativeLive.com and http://www.creativelive.com/audio for more information on “The Working Musician Playbook” and other upcoming ‘Music & Audio’ classes.
Matt Halpern online…
- Periphery drummer, Bandhappy founder Matt Halpern announces free CreativeLive class "The Working Musician Playbook"
- CreativeLive teams up with Bandhappy and Vans Warped Tour for three creative contests
- Allison Weiss partners with BandHappy for exclusive songwriting lessons during Vans Warped Tour
- Win a pair of tickets to see Periphery, Born Of Osiris, Dead Letter Circus and Twelve Foot Ninja at Gramercy in NYC
- Jammit Releases New Songs From Megadeth, Periphery, Dokken, Greg Bissonette; Digital Gift Cards Now Available
- Mike Johnston to host CreativeLive 'Becoming A Music Teacher...' class