-Swedish hard rock/heavy metal outfit, Crucified Barbara, has signed a recording and publishing deal with Sweden’s, Despotz Records. The band is currently in the studio working on its fourth studio album, the follow-up to 2012’s, The Midnight Chase, due out this August.
“The signing of Crucified Barbara fits perfectly in line with our strategy and goal to be a choice for Sweden’s biggest rock bands, where they can work closely with a local Stockholm-based music company on a global basis with an international PR and distribution network,” said Ömer Akay, Despotz Records co-founder and partner. “We are incredibly proud that these wonderfully gifted musicians chose to sign with Despotz.”
The band added, “We have more energy and take a much clearer position than ever before, and the result has been so far our absolute best, hardest and most important album. We are super excited to have signed with Despotz; the album of the year deserves a fantastic record label.”
Crucified Barbara formed in 1998 in Stockholm, Sweden with punk as a first inspiration, which can still be found as a presence today. However, throughout the years the quartet has evolved towards a harder, heavier and more contrast-filled rock sound, mixing elements of thrash, sleaze and hard rock.
Over the course of its 15-plus year existence, Crucified Barbara has toured alongside and supported such acclaimed acts as In Flames, Sepultura, Motorhead, Backyard Babies, Doro and more, while touring extensively across Europe. The band has also visited Russia, Australia and both South and North America.
Stay tuned for more information on Crucified Barbara.
Crucified Barbara is…
Mia Coldheart – Vocals, guitar
Ida Evileye – Bass
Klara Force – Guitar, backing vocals
Nicki Wicked – Drums, backing vocals
Crucified Barbara online…
Despotz Records online…
- Crucified Barbara release details for new album 'In The Red' on Despotz Records; watch new video
- Tad Morose signs with Despotz Records, New album "Revenant" out this fall
- Kamchatka announces fifth album "The Search Goes On" to be released in February on Despotz Records
- Kamchatka to release new album "The Search Goes On" on February 19 via Despotz Records
- Kari Rueslatten to release 'Time To Tell' in Mar. on Despotz Records
- Bridge Nine Records signs Massachusetts hardcore band R.A. (Rude Awakening)