Global Melbourne ambassadors Cut Copy recently announced Cut Copy presents: Oceans Apart, a 19-track continuous DJ-mixed snapshot of new & exclusive music from their hometown’s thriving underground dance music scene & club culture mixed by the band themselves– set for release digitally November 11th via the band’s own dance imprint, Cutters Records (and now available for preorder on iTunes). In addition, two vinyl EPs of compilation highlights will be released on November 18th.
Having previously unveiled NO ZU compilation cut “Raw Vis Vision,” listeners can now get another early taste of the compilation via Ara Koufax’s contribution: the uniquely infectious “Brenda.” Consisting of Sam Gill & Luke Neher, Ara Koufax previously worked together as Naysayer & Gilsun before making improvised music out of a “messy, six-hour jam” in a beach hut.
Both a local scene document, which is increasingly rare in this global age, and a pulsating 80-minute dance journey, Cut Copy presents: Oceans Apart is the product of the band’s observations of its hometown, where it became undeniably apparent that this fertile community was mushrooming. The compilation threads together a cross-section of the different party crews, label rosters & ambitious lone rangers that have been catalysts in making Melbourne vibrant & happening week in, week out- all in the format of a continuous DJ mix.
Catch Cut Copy LIVE On Tour:
10/31: San Diego, CA @ The North Park Theatre (SOLD OUT)
11/1: Los Angeles, CA @ Red Bull Sound Select (SOLD OUT)
12/31: San Francisco, CA @ Mezzanine
- Cut Copy releases 'Oceans Apart' documentary
- Cut Copy release Larry Gus remix of 'We Are Explorers' and tour with Jessy Lanza
- Cut Copy New Album Drops 11/5 via Loma Vista/Modular, 1st Single Out Now + US Tour
- Cut Copy "Free Your Mind" (Fort Romeau Remix) Out Now, New LP Drops 11/5
- Allow Cult Leader Alexander Skarsgard to "Free Your Mind" in Cut Copy Video
- Incubus and Deftones announce co-headline tour with Death From Above 1979 and The Bots