Throughout his fledgling career as a singer, songwriter, and musician, Danny Mercer has had a way of impressing people right out of the gate. A few years back, when Mercer was a college student and aspiring songwriter, he saw a tweet from The Messengers’ Nasri, who was looking for fresh talent, and sent off some of his songs. Nasri (who now also fronts chart-topping band Magic!) immediately expressed interest and put him to work. A year later, when Pitbull’s manager Charles Chavez met Mercer, the Latium Entertainment CEO was so taken with his musical abilities that he signed on as his manager. And when Pitbull himself heard Mercer’s soulful voice on the demo for a song Mercer had written called “Outta Nowhere,” not only did Mr. Worldwide feature the song on his album Global Warming, he also insisted on keeping the newcomer’s original vocal on the chorus, leading to Mercer’s first big break as an artist.
In a nice bit of symmetry, the native of Bogotá, Colombia, who graduated within three years with a degree in English from Columbia University, was soon signed to Columbia Records, which has just released Mercer’s debut single “Who Are You Loving Now?” The reggae-inflected track about jealousy, which Mercer produced himself with soFLY & Nius, is a stellar introduction to his impassioned lyrics and guitar-driven sound, which crystallized when he wrote the song. Now Mercer is ready to launch himself as an artist in his own right. He is currently in the studio putting the finishing touches on his debut EP, which will further showcase his Latin-influenced pop-rock sound, deft songwriting, and heartfelt voice, which can ascend from a warm tenor to a soaring falsetto on a dime.
- The Neighbourhood release brand new video 'The Califournia 2.0'; band on tour now
- Say Lou Lou release 'Everything We Touch' video; single out Jun.2 on Columbia Records
- Boston synthpop band Magic Man premieres 'Tonight' live video
- Haerts release brand new video for 'Giving Up'
- 18 year old UK superstar Ella Henderson to release debut album on SYCO Music / Columbia Records
- Purple announce London headline show, Broncho UK tour and new video/single 'Target'