Melanie Martinez is a remarkable 18-year-old artist from Long Island, New York – a stunning and provocative singer, songwriter and visual presence. Her incredibly unique and arresting performances on The Voice (Fall 2012) brought her to #5 in the competition, yielded two Top Five songs on iTunes (“Seven Nation Army” and “Too Close cover), and earned her 92,000 Twitter followers and over 100,000 fans on Facebook. Her memorable audition/performance of Britney Spears’ “Toxic” has now garnered over six million views on YouTube. US Magazine says, “Melanie Martinez might be the NBC show’s first real breakout star.“
Now, Martinez looks to release her original music to these literally clamoring fans, as she brings them the dark pop dream of “Dollhouse.”
“Dollhouse,” which Martinez co-wrote with Kinetics and One Love, the team behind B.o.B.’s “Airplanes,” is a brutally honest depiction of a family falling apart set to a spare dance beat. Glenn Gamboa of NEWSDAY says, “The combination positions Martinez as an American version of Lorde. She’s an 18-year-old writing songs for and about teenagers in an authentic, memorable way.”
She currently is recording new songs with producers Robopop and Kinetics & One Love. Her songwriting at her young age foreshadows the resonance of both Fiona Apple and Regina Spektor, and her ambition to make a mark is fierce like that of Lana Del Ray & Marina and the Diamonds. Martinez has played sold-out club shows all across the United States in 2013. On Saturday, February 15, 2014, she will headline New York’s Gramercy Theater.
- Melanie Martinez to release 'The Dollhouse' EP May on Atlantic Records
- Melanie Martinez invites everyone to her 'Pity Party' with new single and video
- Melanie Martinez 'Carousel' featured in trailer for FX's American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Melanie Martinez opens 'Dollhouse Tour - Part Two'
- Melanie Martinez releases 'Carousel' music video
- The Offspring celebrate 20th Anniversary of 'Smash'