Dawn of Midi found a new home with Erased Tapes after supporting Nils Frahm on his North American Tour in 2014. Rather than jumping into new material, Dawn of Midi and Erased Tapes collectively decided Dysnomia – an album that took two years to craft – deserved a second release and this time worldwide. Fans can now hear a full stream ahead of its release date, June 1st.
Dysomia will be released worldwide on June 1 (UK) 2 (US) and can be pre-ordered here
The manner, by which a trio of solely acoustic instruments ends up sounding like electronic music, has to do with the unconventional ways the group play their instruments on Dysnomia. The record comes to life in the trio’s critically acclaimed live shows, a test of endurance and trust that involves performing their hand-looped acoustic minimalism note for note, just as the compositions were recorded. Dawn of Midi’s sets are as energetic and rhythmic as a seamlessly mixed DJ-set, mesmerising fans in the same way the group’s favourite experimental and electronic acts have for decades.
“We wanted to make a record that sounded both musically futuristic and sonically vintage,” explains Israni, “and since the album never saw a proper international release, it is very exciting to see what might happen when more people are exposed to it. And to be aligned with Erased Tapes, whose enthusiasm for the music they release has done a lot for exposing unique instrumental and electronic music, makes it that much more interesting.”
‘Stellar… at a loss for words’ – Spin • ‘Brain-bending, seemingly impossible’ – Rolling Stone
‘Something totally unprecedented’ – Pitchfork • ‘Perverse in a good way’ – The New York Times
- Dawn of Midi signs to Erased Tapes for Worldwide release of 'Dysnomia'
- Dawn of Midi releases DYSNOMIA on Thirsty Ear Recordings
- Rival Consoles announces N.American tour with I Break Horses; free track giveaway
- Peter Broderick and Greg Haines collaborative project Greg Gives Peter Space; stream new song
- Michael Price announces debut album ‘Entanglement' out April 13th on Erased Tapes
- Feign Release New Album "The New World Order"